Salted Dark Chocolate Fudge
Who doesn’t love fudge?! The rich chocolate treat that you can customize however you like! You can add nuts, pretzels, or whatever. This recipe is close to me because it is a varition of my grandmother’s recipe that she would make and still makes to this day everyday year around Christmas. The smell of the melting chocolate, impatienlty waiting as any kid would, for the fudge to be ready as it would set in the fridge. and finally being able to eat after what felt like years of waiting with a cold glass of milk and now as an adult with a hot cup of coffee or a nice glass of cabernet red wine. Today, I want to share what made a part of my childhood and created some great memories with you to share with your friends and family. So with that, let’s get ready to make some fudge!
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 cups of sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 jar (7.5 oz) marshma1llow puff
- 1 package (12 oz) dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pink Sea Salt
- Combine butter, evaporated milk, and sugar in a large pot and whisk over medium heat until it is brought to a boil, being careful not to mistake air bubbles on the surface for boiling. Boil slowly, whisking constantly for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. chocolate, and marshmallow puff until melted. Pour into a buttered or non-stick sprayed pan, sprinkle the salt on top, and place it into the freezer for about one to two hours.
- Cut and serve! Pair with some milk, or wine ;)